Is this a Serama?

nuts4hotwheels

Songster
12 Years
May 8, 2010
Texas City, TX
I posted pictures of my serama to make sure that I was right in identifying it as a rooster and a few people told me that it is not a Serama. I have found pictures online and even one from BYC that look very similar to my rooster and it looks like a Serama to me, but I am a novice at raising chickens and need expert advice. What do you think, serama or not?

sarah2monthsold31152595.jpg
sarah2monthsold41154538.jpg
sarah2monthsold1166256.jpg
sarah2monthsold21168150.jpg

Whether it is a Serama or not doesn't bother me. It is our pet and we love him anyway. I don't think that I was intentionally misled. The lady that we got them from showed us all of the breeding stock of her chickens and she did have some game chickens walking around free. Is it possible that one could have bred with a serama?

Still not a Serama. Looks to be a large fowl bird, so it's unlikely that it has any Serama in it. They are so tiny, it would be quite difficult for the mechanics to work out for them to breed with a large fowl bird. Many are the size of a coke can when full grown.

Check out the Serama thread to see what Seramas actually look like.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=99179&p=1

Even as chicks, there's no mistaking a Serama for a large fowl bird. Whoever you got it from misinformed you, or was misinformed themselves.

Last edited:
:/No Looks to be a mixed bird. If you live close come by and I'll show you some seramas. I do have some yard birds (mixed) that look like it.
Johnny

Quote:
I just bought two seramas and some chicks. Their shape is totally different, your guys back is really long. Seramas are "v" shaped birds, very distinct.

Back
Top Bottom