Is this a Silkie?

CNJ

Free Ranging
Oct 12, 2020
Oahu
I ordered 6 Bresse eggs on ebay and got 6 free assorted extras for processing delay. I can't figure out what this one is? It has feather on its leg and its tail look fluffy......and it has 5 toes and it was half the size of the rest.

DSCN0046.JPG

I ordered 6 Bresse eggs on ebay and got 6 free assorted extras for processing delay. I can't figure out what this one is? It has feather on its leg and its tail look fluffy......and it has 5 toes and it was half the size of the rest.

View attachment 2387264
It looks like a silkie but I'm not totally sure. The five toes make me think it is though.

It looks like a silkie but I'm not totally sure. The five toes make me think it is though.
The white Bresse chicks in the batch don't have feathers on their legs and they are growing much faster. At first I thought it was a bantam, but the fuzz on his head looked a little taller.

View attachment 2387264
Is it a rose comb? The chick looks like it has white skin. Definitely a silkie mix I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom