Is this an EE?

lillypug

Fleur De Lis Farm
9 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Louisiana
This is one of the babies we hatched last Thursday. This particular egg was given to us. The actual egg it hatched from was not an EE color but could it still be an EE? The mutts hve been promised to a friend but if this is an EE we want to keep it.
big_smile.png

4541004805_362f555d0e_o.jpg

4541004485_7655a1a12c_o.jpg

4541005691_42dc81a80a_o.jpg

4541005201_1d180dea53_o.jpg

Last edited:
Many of my half-EE chicks (EE was Roo) had that same bold stripe down their back. I'm no expert but your's is a good looking chick indeed!

chicks.jpg

Their colors and stripes and spots became much more defined after 1 week of age. The above picture was day 1-2

I think the thing to remember as many experts on this site have stated: "EEs" from hatcheries are usually more of a mutt from the Araucanas/Americanas and not a true breed so the colors will be varied. Mine had that defined "beard" even when they were first hatched out.

Last edited:
Very pretty! It doesn't look anything like my EEs did. Will be interesting to see how it feathers out.

It isn't a Wyandotte, it isn't a Campine. . . It could be an EE though. EEs are mutts, and so not all EEs have green legs and muffs. My EE roo is clean faced, so he always throws clean faced chicks. Plus he has slate legs.
smile.png

The chick's color looks silver though. . . It may or may not be an EE.

Back
Top Bottom