Is this an internal pip?

Jan 18, 2018
Norman, OK
912E8EC5-A499-4707-A6D2-C75F348087A4.jpeg
We are on day 24 of incubation of our 8 shipped Ancona duck eggs. I have been seeing the eggs move a bit for 2 days. Lockdown starts tomorrow evening. I briefly candled the most active eggs tonight and saw lots of movement inside the eggs. The aircells have really grown the last few days!

This is our first incubation and I need your expertise and opinions. Is this an internal pip? Or just the duckling practicing to make an internal pip?

We are excited! The eggs are due to hatch on Friday, but I’m wondering if I need to increase the humidity more and start lockdown a day early?

Thank you!

It looks like it is pressing at the membrane. You'll see a definite beak shaped shadow once it has internally pipped. There's no harm increasing the humidity at this stage. The air cell on that one looks great. It's amazing how much they draw down once the chicks are gearing up to hatch. Good luck! Exciting! :ya

Does this look more like an internal pip?
This was from today!

I meant to start lockdown last evening, but had to help family members. Going into lockdown now. Humidity raised and ready for little ducklings to arrive soon!

Back
Top Bottom