is this angel wing?

rocketbunni

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
I aquired these two babies 2 weeks ago when they were 2 weeks old, I've had them on duck growers pellets ever since, however this baby seems to be developing a sticky out wing
sad.png

is this angel wing?

DSCF1158-1-1.jpg

the link for those who cant see the pic
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n574/Linzi_Smith/poultry/DSCF1158-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I can't really tell from the pic but if it is the start of angel wing, you can tuck the tip under the wing and put vetwrap or tape around the wing. Not the whole body, just the wing. Leave it on for about 4 to 5 days and take it off and check it. If it still sticks out, tape it again. If it is angel wing, now is the time to try and correct it.
22826_angel_wing.jpg

Last edited:
It's the duckling on the right that has it on its left wing. Yes, it is angel wing.

Thank you, I have taped it this evening, and popped her to bed, I hope she's not too distressed by it, and that the others dont peck it too much
sad.png

I dont think its angel wing... this happened to some of mine and a few others I know and at that age they are just growing into their wings..
they are young enough to wait another week or two to be positive.. more than likely its not and everyone is stressing out right now for nothing.

43749_hpim1001.jpg

43749_hpim1011.jpg

by 2 weeks later they were perfectly fine...

43749_im001789.jpg

Quote:
I would get some Brewers yeast and sprinkle on top of their feed though it is good for leg problems because of not getting enough nician and also make sure they aren't getting excess protein, since i feed Purina Flock Raiser I cut that with Regular oatmeal to lower the protein content.

Hattiegun, those pics are very reasuring thank you, hopefully its not, but since we taped it already I'll give it 4 days and have a look.

I'm in the UK so I'm not sure we get the same feeds as you guys, but they are fed on Marriges Duck and Goose grower pellets which is 18% protien....is this a little high?

I will add some brewers yeast to their diet too, the duck in question does actually seem to walk a little 'stiffly' almost a limp but I've never been able to pin point the problem.
hmm.png

thanks all

Back
Top Bottom