Is this animal abuse?

Document the conditions with photographs and present the pictures to the police. They can refer you to the proper authorities. If that doesn't work see if you can interest the local newspaper/news station with your concerns.
This is abuse without any doubt! If you get nowhere with the police, contact ASPCA or your local Humane Society or PETA. You can find their contact info online. This makes me sick!

This is abuse without any doubt! If you get nowhere with the police, contact ASPCA or your local Humane Society or PETA. You can find their contact info online. This makes me sick!
It actually may not be abuse. It depends on the laws of OP's state. And contacting peta is the absolute worst thing OP can do! If they want to contact animal control thats up to them. But contacting peta would be bad for all concerned

This all sounds definitely like abuse and cruelty. If police dont respond appropriately please call local Humane society, ASPCA or PETA. Even if you are away you should report this immediately. Any of theses organizations will investigate. You don't need proof, they will get the proof. You can request they contact you and report their results.

You have to be careful tethering goats period. They can injure themselves by wrapping it around themselves and going tighter and tighter trying to get out if you don't set it up right.

I don't think it would hurt to report these people to animal control or whatever enforcement group exists in the OP's municipality. It will start an investigation that will at the very least give the owners an opportunity to correct any issues. Even if their setup is technically legal, it sounds like there are issues that would likely be brought to their attention and require correction to avoid fines and/or seizure of the animals.

I used to appreciate and follow what PETA did at one time but I’ve learned a lot about how they run and they are actually pretty bad. They put down a lot of dogs and cats for stupid reasons and they are extremists now in about everything they do lol. Personally wouldn’t trust them to take away an animal from a neglect case as they may end up being euthanized, especially goats.
Thanks thats so good to know!

Do not report them for abuse. Report them for neglect. Neglect is subject to interpretation, but in the case you describe, almost any moral person, and any pet owner, would interpret these conditions as neglect. Additionally almost every state has laws against animal neglect.
:goodpost: This it sounds like there is enough to prove neglect depending on your state. And if it is abuse that can be added to the list of charges later.
It actually may not be abuse. It depends on the laws of OP's state. And contacting peta is the absolute worst thing OP can do! If they want to contact animal control thats up to them. But contacting peta would be bad for all concerned
Another vote not to call PETA here they may have been a decent organization at one point but they’ve really gone off the deep end these days.

Y'all may not be aware of this, but animal rights (and animal rights groups) are a subject to be avoided on BYC. Like cockfighting, it's just not a thing we talk about, one way or the other. If some of the above posts disappear, that will be why. It would be a good idea to move the conversation away from that subject.;)

Back
Top Bottom