Is this animal abuse?

Hobbling and tethering are two completely different things. IMO, hobbling constantly is neglect, and tethering is not.
A tethered goat-
1611446977916.png

Hobbled goat-
1611447084224.png

A hobble is a rope, or band that binds the legs together so they can't move quickly. Keeping an animal like this constantly is neglect.
Another hobble-
1611447195672.png

Hobbling and tethering are two completely different things. IMO, hobbling constantly is neglect, and tethering is not.
A tethered goat-
View attachment 2500548
Hobbled goat-
View attachment 2500549
A hobble is a rope, or band that binds the legs together so they can't move quickly. Keeping an animal like this constantly is neglect.
Another hobble-
View attachment 2500550
I agree. If they're hobbled, that's not cool in my book, but usually that's left for horses, plus it's just not very common anymore. That's why I originally wanted clarification

I agree. If they're hobbled, that's not cool in my book, but usually that's left for horses, plus it's just not very common anymore. That's why I originally wanted clarification
One of the moat neglectful things though is leaving them dead in the poem. Who knows what they dies of , disease, starvation... in any case it's neglect at least.

Back
Top Bottom