Is this barbed mesh cage predator-proof?

We've had the mesh for quite a while now, however, I didn't pay attention to the brand name. Sorry...:confused: I don't think there's a specific common name for this type of screen, though we simply call it as "mesh" or "netting".

Hey, I still appreciate the help! Did you get this in the same vicinity where chicken wire would be? I noticed the other poster said 1/2” and 19 gauge. My understanding is that the inch size references the size of the holes and gauge is thickness. So if that’s things to go by, I can look for things like that and maybe the label will say mesh? Who knows... time for a TSC/RK/Lowe’s trip! LOL all of my credit card expenses are from those places (eeeeek!)

so I'm a little confused, how did the hawks get inside and get the doves? or were they allowed out some times and were eaten outside the enclosure and then the enclosure was fortified out of fear that other issues would arise.

in any case, to maximize the value of the hardware cloth, I would untwist the wire "bards" and methodically use the wire to more securely fasten the hardware cloth to the gage frame/the larger mesh. the wire will do nothing to keep out the critters the way it is on their now and it would be better put to use more securely fastening the hardware cloth along the seems. focus on the the edges of the mesh, wire it together. raccoons are formidable opponents, if they can get an edge of the mesh up, they will bend it back and reach in and kill whatever they can reach.

Thanks for all your help. I received my doves already, and they're incubating the eggs!
Barbary Dove Sitting on Nest.JPG

We also haven't had any predators intrude the cage and assail our birds lately.

Back
Top Bottom