Is this big enough?

ridgefire

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Northern Michigan
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&N=4294961544&Ne=4294967294&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=pond

871980400599.jpg

Measures 67x48x18 deep

I am getting 3 Pekin this spring and need to build them a pond in their own run. I have a lot of rock so I need something durable and a regular pond liner would get torn. My wife doesnt just want a kiddie pool sitting on the ground she wants something pretty to go with her pretty white ducks.
idunno.gif

I am very good with plumbing. I was going to attach a bathtub drain to the bottom and run PCV pipe out to a dry well to drain it. To refill I have water run out to the barn so fresh water is no problem.

All else fails I have a sump pump.

Okay, was purely curious for selfish reasons.
wink.png

I know some posted on here that they dug a hole, put some wood and gravel in and something so that it could drain underneath, but cannot for the life of me remember WHAT now that I need it!
hmm.png

When I do get to building the pond I will take pics. I will have to rent a jackhammer to get a hole dug. But it wont be for a while we just got another inch of snow today.

We installed that exact pond last Spring for our three Pekins, and they loved it! We put our ducklings out at around 5 weeks old, and they looked the perfect size, paddling around the pond.

Then they grew. And Grew. And GREW. By the time they topped out at adult size, there was barely enough room for the three of them at one time!

We're down to two ducks now, and even though the pond still looks a bit small for them, they're in it all the time, and still love it.

Here it is in our yard, just after we installed it:

2008-0526%20015.gif

Oh wow I can only hope I can get my duck yard to look that nice.

I am planning on covering the run. I have too many hawks and eagles here. I dont know if they would take a pekin or not but I dont want to chance it.

Back
Top Bottom