Is this Buff Orpington a rooster?

kulachicks

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2017
Wisconsin
IMG_0028.JPG
My Buff O is just about 8 weeks old. I ordered all girls but this one looks different from the other one I have. Any chance this one is a rooster?

I was afraid she was a rooster. He is larger than the other Buff and he acts differently. This is our first go with chickens. We have 9. All the same age. I didn't want a rooster but....what are the benefits of having one?

Good rooster are a benefit in that they look after the hens, find food, watch for predators and round the girls up at dusk. Bad roosters just mate and feed themselves. Everyone is different, so you will have to see how it goes. My buff Orpington roosters are both good roosters, with one being a bit better than the other.

Good rooster are a benefit in that they look after the hens, find food, watch for predators and round the girls up at dusk. Bad roosters just mate and feed themselves. Everyone is different, so you will have to see how it goes. My buff Orpington roosters are both good roosters, with one being a bit better than the other.
Thank you. Appreciate your help. I don't want to give him away. These chickens are so fun to have.

Back
Top Bottom