Is this bumble foot ?

Nov 5, 2022
She has a little mark/ cut and two dots on one foot and the other has the big mark and 2 dots as well any thoughts ?

Attachments

• 8621886A-7107-431F-AB16-08283121C617.png
    8621886A-7107-431F-AB16-08283121C617.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • B3A70EA1-BCC7-4504-BADB-CFC851D094E4.png
    B3A70EA1-BCC7-4504-BADB-CFC851D094E4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
She has a little mark/ cut and two dots on one foot and the other has the big mark and 2 dots as well any thoughts ?
The larger one is possibly the start of it, but personally, I don't think so, yet anyway. Bumblefoot infections are hard and swollen, and those feet look soft and supple to me, although if it's just the start of bumblefoot, it wouldn't be noticeably hard yet. I'd try soak her feet in warm Epsom salt water for a few minutes (unless you did and that's why they look so soft) and see if you see anything change especially on the one with the bigger mark.

Is she limping at all or acting differently? Those are painful to poultry. I'd definitely keep an eye on it to see if it's changing in any way. It could just be she stepped on something that did that.

If worse comes to worse and it actually is the start of bumblefoot, here's an excellent article with a bad case of it but how they removed it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/treating-bumble-foot-in-ducks.74245/

The larger one is possibly the start of it, but personally, I don't think so, yet anyway. Bumblefoot infections are hard and swollen, and those feet look soft and supple to me, although if it's just the start of bumblefoot, it wouldn't be noticeably hard yet. I'd try soak her feet in warm Epsom salt water for a few minutes (unless you did and that's why they look so soft) and see if you see anything change especially on the one with the bigger mark.

Is she limping at all or acting differently? Those are painful to poultry. I'd definitely keep an eye on it to see if it's changing in any way. It could just be she stepped on something that did that.

If worse comes to worse and it actually is the start of bumblefoot, here's an excellent article with a bad case of it but how they removed it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/treating-bumble-foot-in-ducks.74245/
I was thinking the same thing that it didn’t look like a serious case of bumble foot and she is showing symptoms of not wanting to stand for a long period and losing her balance but I’m not sure if that’s because of this or something else she may have contracted .
Thank you so much for your reply !

Back
Top Bottom