Is this bumblefoot? What to do, hen limps very badly!

But the final question still remains the same - what caused these two to start limping so suddenly and how do i stop it. + In case i'd quarantine them. The only place i can do it is my basement which is heated. Im afraid that when the quarantine would be over and they would return to cold coop they would catch cold. Am i right?

Is there any food that i could give them that has vitamin D (When i get next pack of feed i'll check if it contains it). About bedding - possibility is probably true, but i wouldn't have a place to put it when changing it. In Poland we can't put pooped bedding in the bins and i don't own a field and garden is small, so in 4-5 months I already gathered manure for it. The question is how often would i need to throw away the bedding (the one NOT under the roost, so the cleaner one). I clean under the roost weekly, or one time in 2 weeks when it's cold and winter.
You could use the deep little method, no cleaning out involved and very warm. Or you could you a thick layer and just change it occasionally. I would not like my birds to go without bedding in the winter.
But the final question still remains the same - what caused these two to start limping so suddenly and how do i stop it. + In case i'd quarantine them. The only place i can do it is my basement which is heated. Im afraid that when the quarantine would be over and they would return to cold coop they would catch cold. Am i right?
I think you should get their faeces tested if possible. Can you get them to a vet?

You could use the deep little method, no cleaning out involved and very warm. Or you could you a thick layer and just change it occasionally. I would not like my birds to go without bedding in the winter.

I think you should get their faeces tested if possible. Can you get them to a vet?
Well, vet is pretty much not an option :/ There is only one in the area and getting him to such a small chicken "farm" is hard. Needless to say that faeces test are expensive.
About deep litter - in summer it can get warm at the coop, and deep litter would only make it warmer isn't it?

Well, vet is pretty much not an option :/ There is only one in the area and getting him to such a small chicken "farm" is hard. Needless to say that faeces test are expensive.
About deep litter - in summer it can get warm at the coop, and deep litter would only make it warmer isn't it?
You generally do a clean out 2 times a year or so.

How big is your coop? Pics if possible?

You generally do a clean out 2 times a year or so.

How big is your coop? Pics if possible?
2 times a year, you mean deep litter? Could i use it only in winter? In summer it would be too hot. I just came back from the coop (was closing it ;-;). I will try to search for a picture of it. It's not big, maybe 2-3 x 4-5 meter. I don't really know the exact size. I'll try to search for some photos and if i find it i'll post it here

Heres a photo with chickens for scale :)
1613407607615.png

2 times a year, you mean deep litter? Could i use it only in winter? In summer it would be too hot. I just came back from the coop (was closing it ;-;). I will try to search for a picture of it. It's not big, maybe 2-3 x 4-5 meter. I don't really know the exact size. I'll try to search for some photos and if i find it i'll post it here
Yes, you can do a clear out when the weather warms up.
Heres a photo with chickens for scale :) View attachment 2530887
Nice coop! Got any photos of indoors so I can assess the Vitamin D situation?

Yes, you can do a clear out when the weather warms up.

Nice coop! Got any photos of indoors so I can assess the Vitamin D situation?
Sadly right now i have no indoor photos of sunlight situation, but it is bright enough for them to see everything, but idk if it's brighter tham lamp, probably not.

Back
Top Bottom