Is this bumblefoot?

Lyranonamous

Songster
9 Years
Nov 23, 2013
Freeville NY (near Ithaca)
We suspect bumble foot on our Brahma Lizzie. She has a pink welt between her toes on one foot, and the bottoms looked a little red. Today we soaked her feet for probably 30 mins with warm water and epsom salt, changing the water three times. But when I looked at her feet I saw there were some pink slightly puffy patches, but no obvious abscesses and no black scabs. On her ankle was something like an abrasion-slightly reddish and 1/8 inch long. We sprayed her feet with Veterricyn and let it dry. I didn't put vet wrap on her.
Does this sound like bumble foot? Or could it be from her roosting on the rungs of a handmade ladder (that has narrow, and upright wooden rungs) ? That is the only think I can think of that could cause this (if it's not bumble foot) and would certainly explain the longer abrasion, because she always roosts there-and the other chickens only occasionally do.
I can post photos tomorrow, but would love to hear any advice about what else this could be.

3A8DE860-81B9-4C08-9A3A-4D33E6FCC28A.jpeg
Bumble foot is normally not on a ankle. Yes photo’s will help. Your doing a great job of taking care of her. If it is bumble foot you will have to dig out the object & keep her clean..Keep us posted..

View attachment 1358636 Bumble foot is normally not on a ankle. Yes photo’s will help. Your doing a great job of taking care of her. If it is bumble foot you will have to dig out the object & keep her clean..Keep us posted..
Thanks for your quick reply. I don't see anything that can be removed. There isn't a scab or a dark circle, just some puffy red parts. Will post photos asap. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom