Is this chick okay??

Hatching on day 23 would indicate that your incubator is running a bit too cool. Incubating takes some practice. And there is a lot that can only be learn from trial and error, like learning your incubator runs a tad bit cool, or figuring out what humidity level works best for your specific situation. Even when you do everything 'right', you can still have this sort of thing happen where the chick pips into a vessel or even worse. I had one chick pip at the wrong end and rupture it's yolk sac and die within minutes. It's not your fault. 5 hours isn't enough time for all the vessel to recede and for the yolk sac to absorb. There is nothing you could have done to save that chick.

None hatched but I went to the man where I got the eggs and got two chicks that are "sisters" (I hope) and were from the same batch of eggs I failed to hatch. Sad it didn't work out but in love with my babies :,) thank you all for the kind words and advice!

None hatched but I went to the man where I got the eggs and got two chicks that are "sisters" (I hope) and were from the same batch of eggs I failed to hatch. Sad it didn't work out but in love with my babies :,) thank you all for the kind words and advice!

I love that blue! Pretty chicks.

Back
Top Bottom