Is this chicken a Salmon Faverolle?

I think she is just an off-colored Faverolles. White Faverolles are recessive white, and the splash salmon females I've had didn't have such extensive white feathering.

Is the one in the center supposed to be a Faverolles also?
When she was younger & she had only white feathers. (She’s the one on the left).
View attachment 1610765

Well if the breeders have both whites and salmons, then there is the chance that she's mixed. We need one of our genetics experts to take a look at her. It will be easier when she gets older to see what is up with her color, so I'd just enjoy her for now, and maybe post again when she is fully feathered out.
It will be interesting to see what she turns out to be! I’ll make sure I post pictures here when she’s grown up. Either way she’s a gorgeous chicken! I couldn’t be happier, she brings so much personality to the coop.

I think she is just an off-colored Faverolles. White Faverolles are recessive white, and the splash salmon females I've had didn't have such extensive white feathering.

Is the one in the center supposed to be a Faverolles also?

That’s what I’m thinking is most likely at the moment. She’s still a very pretty girl! I wonder what she’ll look like when she’s grown up... I’ll keep you guys updated! :)

The one in the middle is a Rhode Island Red.

Takes forever for full plumage to come in and head/neck are last to develop in young plumage, give it time. I think you have a SF if that was what you bought. They do have a lot of white. She will feather in, have juvenile molt first year, and then adult molt in around 18 months. Won’t be till after juvenile molt that you will see plumage start appearing more as an adult as she becomes an older Pullet. She’s definitely pretty!

I had one that was betty and ;)the
wink.png
other i could call him al

Back
Top Bottom