Is This Delaware a Roo or a Pullet?

Chickenlove64

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 30, 2013

Alright, me and my mom have been arguing over this ever since she started thinking it might be a roo. Do you think this is a roo or a pullet?
It's a Delaware, 1 of 6 we got. Although... I noticed that it's comb is larger than the rest and it likes to pick fights with my other, bigger roos. It also has darker neck and tail feathering than the other Delaware's we got.

We already have 3 other roosters, so this would make it 4... I'm afraid that if he is a roo and my mom doesn't like his grown coloring then we might have to let him go. (Although I highly doubt that because my mother is absolutely in love with Delawares, especially the rooster's
wink.png
)

So far I don't know if he/she has crowed yet. Only my Barred Rock baby roo has been crowing according to what I see.

Looks like a girl to me. How old are they? reddening in females usually signals that they are near or at POL . Have a look at the saddle feathers near the rump, are they rounded or pointed?

This photo was taken back in March (The 13th)

We bought them from the feed store- I wouldn't be able to identify the age because I'm not all that experienced with things like that XD

Out here its 9:38 already and it's dark outside lol

I would agree that it's a girl. Our other Barred Rock roo is most likely the same age and he's started crowing :)

Back
Top Bottom