No progress the membrane turned tan and leathery. I was able to moisturize it and cut it to give her more breathing room but there was some super light pink veins but still looked to be active enough to scare me lol. I gave her some sugar water and put her back in the incubator. Others are also in the same position so I’m going to assume the whole batch is shrink wrapped. I am prepared to help them all out so I’m not worried.

Any update?
I’m just so worried I’m going to do the wrong thing and accidentally kill them. It really is a fine line between helping to early and killing them by bleeding out or wait too long and give them a slow death by suffocation. It’s nerve wracking!

@Apartmentduck how are the little ones doing? Sounds like you’re doing a good job. When I’m assisting I start by very slowly picking away shell and membrane with very small pieces. If there’s any blood then I stop and put them back in the incubator for a few hours. I use either coconut oil or vaseline to moisten the membrane and check for active blood vessels.

@Apartmentduck how are the little ones doing? Sounds like you’re doing a good job. When I’m assisting I start by very slowly picking away shell and membrane with very small pieces. If there’s any blood then I stop and put them back in the incubator for a few hours. I use either coconut oil or vaseline to moisten the membrane and check for active blood vessels.
[/QUOTE

I have been doing just that his membrane was really dry but peeled off a lot before I hit a little vein that bleed 2 drops. She’s now in the incubator peeping at me. Still making yawning and chewing motions but not as frequently.

Attachments

• BEB28561-DA63-4789-B8FD-074089B1440A.jpeg
    BEB28561-DA63-4789-B8FD-074089B1440A.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 20
I have been doing just that his membrane was really dry but peeled off a lot before I hit a little vein that bleed 2 drops. She’s now in the incubator peeping at me. Still making yawning and chewing motions but not as frequently.
Looks like your doing good. :)

Hope has hatched but has some yolk sorta sticking out!!

Attachments

• F78695B6-7082-40F8-9E83-C1D8ED1296FD.jpeg
    F78695B6-7082-40F8-9E83-C1D8ED1296FD.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom