Pics
I have been doing just that his membrane was really dry but peeled off a lot before I hit a little vein that bleed 2 drops. She’s now in the incubator peeping at me. Still making yawning and chewing motions but not as frequently.
Looks like your doing good. :)

That navel should heal up well. I’ve had ones with much more open. Here was one of mine from my last hatch. If you want you could dab a bit of zinc free antibiotic ointment on the navel but it’s not needed.
I’m just worried because it was all green and nasty. Could that of been a bacteria? And does that mean if it was bacterial that it’s in the intestines already meaning certain death for this little one? Sorry for all my questions lol

I’ve had ducklings with green hatching waste before. It looked normal to me but maybe it’s the coloring on my screen. Mine have done fine. I’m not sure, but I think it should be ok.
Maybe @Miss Lydia can answer further.
This guy just hatched himself with the same thing. I gave it a snip higher up. Is this intestines or prolapse?

Attachments

• A48D3B03-F81C-4878-8B8A-41B2632D829C.jpeg
    A48D3B03-F81C-4878-8B8A-41B2632D829C.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 18
One of my eggs that I had to assist was malpositioned in the feet over head position, was backwards (butt at the air cell) and almost sideways!!! That took me a minute to figure out once I started to slowly open the air cell. There's no way it would have been able to hatch. I believe it was already starting to give up. It's the last to hatch and at least a day behind some of the others. I'm hopeful it's OK and formed properly. Only time will tell and I'm going to show it lots of love.

His navel looks the same I’m worried he pulled it on the way out and that it could be intestines.
Hi @Apartmentduck Congratulations! They're so cute! My hatch is finished now. I had 6 eggs and they all hatched. Two needed pretty much full assist due to malpositioning that is oftentimes typical with shipped eggs.

What day is it for your remaining eggs? I remember seeing the same waste that my ducklings produced while in the egg. I agree with @FunnyfarmMidwest , in my opinion it looks normal. The main thing is to not pull anything that's dragging after hatch. A few hours after hatch, two of mine had what looked like a string trailing along from their naval. I used scissors and trimmed it but made sure to not trim too close. I also had one with the naval protruding. For those, I place them in a tiny bowl and put them back in the incubator for an hour or more.

I am so sorry it took me so long to reply. My experienced and capable friend @FunnyfarmMidwest was wonderful as always. I'm anxious to hear about the rest of your hatch!
And I’m so glad all your babies hatched! If you can attach a few photos so we can see you r cute babies too 😁

Most wait till the string attached to the navel is dry before clipping. You just place them on soft paper towels or soft washcloth in a cup or bowl and keep in the bator till the belly is completely closed up.
I didn’t know and read horror stories of them ripping intestines out by accident

Most wait till the string attached to the navel is dry before clipping. You just place them on soft paper towels or soft washcloth in a cup or bowl and keep in the bator till the belly is completely closed up.
He was my only one to do a full unassisted hatch and he’s really lethargic. The other guys were way more full of energy so I’m getting worried. I think it is going down though I’ll check back in another hour

Attachments

• A7CE9D81-AD06-45E9-8969-DC4C6EB88C9C.jpeg
    A7CE9D81-AD06-45E9-8969-DC4C6EB88C9C.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 0F5631CE-1430-477C-9561-15D217DF882C.jpeg
    0F5631CE-1430-477C-9561-15D217DF882C.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom