Pics
His navel looks the same I’m worried he pulled it on the way out and that it could be intestines.
Most wait till the string attached to the navel is dry before clipping. You just place them on soft paper towels or soft washcloth in a cup or bowl and keep in the bator till the belly is completely closed up.

Most wait till the string attached to the navel is dry before clipping. You just place them on soft paper towels or soft washcloth in a cup or bowl and keep in the bator till the belly is completely closed up.
I didn’t know and read horror stories of them ripping intestines out by accident

He was my only one to do a full unassisted hatch and he’s really lethargic. The other guys were way more full of energy so I’m getting worried. I think it is going down though I’ll check back in another hour

Attachments

• A7CE9D81-AD06-45E9-8969-DC4C6EB88C9C.jpeg
    A7CE9D81-AD06-45E9-8969-DC4C6EB88C9C.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 0F5631CE-1430-477C-9561-15D217DF882C.jpeg
    0F5631CE-1430-477C-9561-15D217DF882C.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 12
I didn’t know and read horror stories of them ripping intestines out by accident
That's why you place them in a cup or bowl that way that can't move around and pull on it. We're all learning ❤️
it's very hard work hatching hopefully by morning you'll see this one up and being energetic too.

Yes. This is what I do. Let it dry up on its own and then gently trim anything trailing behind. The cup or bowl works wonders here! It's just short enough to fit in the incubator but too tall for the hatching to escape.

Edited to fix *cup*. I just had to laugh because it's so obvious that I have a 9 year old daughter. Spelling out~ c*u*p ~ makes me laugh.

Last edited:
And I’m so glad all your babies hatched! If you can attach a few photos so we can see you r cute babies too 😁
They just finished their hatch last night and I had a busy day at work today. I'll share a few pictures that I took of a couple of them but I still need a group picture.

I've been worried about my last hatcher that was seriously malpositioned because it's not as outgoing as the others. It also had a protruding naval but it was better before adding to the others. I just checked on them and all 6, including "Lucky", were running around out from under the heat plate. They were also eating. This gives me hope! They usually do need a little while to get everything figured out and moving around well.

This is is my Blue Pearl Aztec Duckling (the only Blue Pearl in the hatch). My daughter can't decide if she wants to name it "Pearl" or "Blue Bell". It's got a really fun personality so far 💗
20210606_125915.jpg

This is one of the Porcelain Aztec Ducklings. The other 4 look very similar. I'm not sure how I'm going to tell them apart. I need to pick up some leg bands but ducklings grow soooo fast and that makes me uneasy about using leg bands. We named the first one (the one pictured) "Diva". We named one of them "Hope" and the last one "Lucky". I can only tell which one is Lucky now
20210605_120049.jpg

They just finished their hatch last night and I had a busy day at work today. I'll share a few pictures that I took of a couple of them but I still need a group picture.

I've been worried about my last hatcher that was seriously malpositioned because it's not as outgoing as the others. It also had a protruding naval but it was better before adding to the others. I just checked on them and all 6, including "Lucky", were running around out from under the heat plate. They were also eating. This gives me hope! They usually do need a little while to get everything figured out and moving around well.

This is is my Blue Pearl Aztec Duckling (the only Blue Pearl in the hatch). My daughter can't decide if she wants to name it "Pearl" or "Blue Bell". It's got a really fun personality so far 💗
View attachment 2708847

This is one of the Porcelain Aztec Ducklings. The other 4 look very similar. I'm not sure how I'm going to tell them apart. I need to pick up some leg bands but ducklings grow soooo fast and that makes me uneasy about using leg bands. We named the first one (the one pictured) "Diva". We named one of them "Hope" and the last one "Lucky". I can only tell which one is Lucky now
View attachment 2708859
I have leg bands on now while I get used to the different patterns on each bill and personalities .

View attachment 2708847

View attachment 2708859
They are all beautiful and so tiny!

I have leg bands on now while I get used to the different patterns on each bill and personalities .
I'll have to get some leg bands and watch them very close. These little ducklings are crazy wild!!! This is the wildest clutch! They're actually really sweet and want to be with us but they're already jumping up on top of their heat plate!!! They're only a day or just a little over a day old! They haven't even been waddling around for very long and they are already hoping on and off of the heat plate! Silly ducks!

Back
Top Bottom