Is this Easter Egger Chick a Frizzle?

What color legs do your frizzles have? I'm wondering if they are cochins instead of EE's. Any recognizable comb type forming???
Well, they both hatched out of blue eggs from Papas Poultry and he said there was a possibility of a frizzle. The grey one 'Ebony' has grey/silver legs and fuzzy cheeks and a beard although you cant tell from the pic. 'Ivory' has creamy pink legs and no cheeks or beard. No comb forming on either yet although Ebony has quite a wide 'prefrontal' area between the nostrils. If that is indeed what that is called
idunno.gif

Well, they both hatched out of blue eggs from Papas Poultry and he said there was a possibility of a frizzle. The grey one 'Ebony' has grey/silver legs and fuzzy cheeks and a beard although you cant tell from the pic. 'Ivory' has creamy pink legs and no cheeks or beard. No comb forming on either yet although Ebony has quite a wide 'prefrontal' area between the nostrils. If that is indeed what that is called
idunno.gif
Mine also hatched from blue eggs from Papa's Poultry.
big_smile.png

Here they are at four weeks - one looks black to me, and one looks blue. The black one has a thin little comb, the other has a wide comb base, or what ever you call it. The legs are an iron grey. Neither of these two get mixed up in the chest bumping, lunging and face-pecking that most of the other four week old chicks do. Does that mean they are both pullets? Let's keep in touch here, with pics!

Mine also hatched from blue eggs from Papa's Poultry.
big_smile.png

Here they are at four weeks - one looks black to me, and one looks blue. The black one has a thin little comb, the other has a wide comb base, or what ever you call it. The legs are an iron grey. Neither of these two get mixed up in the chest bumping, lunging and face-pecking that most of the other four week old chicks do. Does that mean they are both pullets? Let's keep in touch here, with pics!

I am no expert, but I would say that the one in the lower pic might be a roo, only because of the little spike that is beginning on the comb. But.... like I said I am no expert. I have another conundrum in the brooder that I hatched from Papas. A supposed Partridge Brahma, yellow chick with NO partridging at all, fully feathered legs and feet and now as she is feathering out, appears to have frizzled feathers!! How's that for mixed up genetics?. I have another 4 P. Brahmas in the incubator from them now, along with Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and some Cream Crested Legbars, so it will be interesting to see who actually pops out. Papas were generous with the quantity of eggs shipped but half of the Brahmas shipped (ordered 4 got 8 I think) and 4 were not fertile, so technically I got what I paid for, hopefully. Several of the wyandottes were not fertile either, and I had one CCL that quit. So all in all, I got what I ordered (exactly) but I hope they come out true to species.

Back
Top Bottom