Is this EE a Roo?

taylorashleyd

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Montana
My chicks are about 5-6 weeks old right now and I'm getting suspicious I have a roo in the group. Here are some pictures:

The one in the middle is the one I'm worried about

Not much of a comb going on, but the tail feathers are different from the other two

In the middle again.

Sorry for the crummy pictures. All I had was a cellphone at the time. I couldn't get them to sit still long enough for a face picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping it isn't a rooster since we can't keep one were we live, so I will just have to hope whoever I give him to is honest and doesn't turn him into chicken stew. He/She is a gorgeous bird with goldish feathers. Probably the prettiest of the flock so it will be sad to see it go.

Here is the best comb shot I could get:

View from the back

Then this is just a bonus. I was clucking like a chicken to get its attention and this photo made me laugh. "What the heck are you doing lady?"

sad.png
Well I will post some more pics in two weeks. If nothing else our local chicken club has a chicken relocation program so maybe I can find a good home for it. And maybe I'll go pic up two Barred Rocks because I don't think just two hens will warm each other enough through winter.

Back
Top Bottom