Is this even a chicken? Help with breed

Quote:
love.gif
Every time I see that mix, I want one. They are just plain cool. I've never had silkies but I love the d'uccle personalities. What would you call it? A S'uccle? A D'ilkie? Both sound a little wrong if you ask me.
roll.png

She looks a bit like an EE (Easter Egger) without the puffy cheeks. Does she make unusual noises? Like an 18 wheeler skidding to a stop @ 65 mph?

i absolutly adore silkie mixes....and think i shall start a thread in the breeds/genetics part if anyoone cares to post pics of their silkie mixes there?
smile.png

Here's Shirley !!! Her father is the rooster pictured..... Mille Fluer D'Uccle .....her Mama is a white OR partridge Silkie !!

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

She is very shy , but a sweet girl !!

Its so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to squash it against me in a big hug!!!!! It probably just inherited the silkie comb, looks like a girl, and no your not ignorant.

Quote:
love.gif
Every time I see that mix, I want one. They are just plain cool. I've never had silkies but I love the d'uccle personalities. What would you call it? A S'uccle? A D'ilkie? Both sound a little wrong if you ask me.
roll.png

I like D'ilkie.....

Quote:
Omg! Your hen needs to meet my rooster! They would make beautiful little babies I bet!!!!!

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTYtMjAxMTEwMTUtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

And I've always wanted chickens that look like them! I seen them on that movie "the labyrinth" you now that movie with david bowie and those goblins and they take that baby to be the new goblin king? Well they have chickens in the movie that look just like the pics yall have been posting of the silkie mixes! Gorgeous birds!!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom