is this good?

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
No, in my opinion it's not a good incubator. I wasted a lot of good eggs in mine before I got fed up with it and got a hova-bator. Now I've got three Genesis 1588's and a 1590.

I would not get it. The temperature went from 99F to 108F in two hours, it killed the whole batch. The knob that you use to regulate the temp is also very touchy. I wouldn't get it.

I have a Little Giant incubator. All my own eggs hatch. Shipped eggs all failed. So, to me, it's a good bator. It holds temp great, humidity steady if it's still air. After I added my own DIY fan, the humidity is hard to keep steady.
Guess I got lucky with mine.

As for the temp knob, you have to watch it while setting it, after that, I had no issues. The room is kept steady too, which helps a lot. I did have temp spikes at first, but you should be letting the incubator run a few days to get it set up and going.

Last edited:
If you don't hatch more than 24 chicken eggs, check out the Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco. It is $99 and beginner proof. You can use some kind of block and slide side one end to other when you have time. There is no need to rotate one egg at a time. Good luck.

Quote:
I agree that you don't need the turner. I should of returned the turner when I could of. Next time, I'll just use a block under the incubator to 'turn' eggs. Much easier than opening it and turning each egg and far cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom