is this guy really worth 100 dollars?

your right but i think the real thing that is being debated is the quality of the pictures they arent good at all from a distance and vague so if the world had better pictures then i think this would have never happened

and as you see from my signature austrolorps arent my thing so i have no idea i have a picture of them in my head thats it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My take is from a dog breeder/show quality perspective since I've been more into that -or from dealing with livestock.

A crumby picture tells you several things, besides the crumby photographer.

It may tell you that the animal cannot be handled or approached. It may be that they ARE hiding something else that a close up would not.

In dogs or horses or chickens - especially a roo - if it's not up close and personal I first ask what's wrong with the animal's temperament.

If it's a goat on a hill - I can be pretty sure the sucker is probably hard or impossible to catch. A donkey/horse at a distance indicates all kind of bad.

You get the idea. Poor photography, bad photograph, things are hidden.

In my breed - people with pastern and foot problems often hide the feet in grass for sale photos. Or "accidentally" leave off part of the tail, to hide a too short or slightly curled tail. Or they'll "stack" a dog under significant lead tightness to hide a bad back or poor hocks.

Photographs tell more and hide more than at first apparent.

I really cant understand why this debate has gone on for 5 pages. All he states is that they feel he is worth $100 but are looking for a trade of some sorts to acquire more hens. They aren't asking for the $100.
The pics are fine. There has been birds going for over $500 on eggbid. Everyone has a price in their head about how much their birds are worth, whether wrong or right, it is their opinion.

its gone on because we are all bored.
we need more excitement in our lives.

hit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
thats alright, i am sitting here reading failblog and eating candy when i should be cleaning.

Yeah- me too. I'm going to work on the new coop before the cochins bust the sides out of the brooder.
tongue.png

Gosh, I was just reading this to get insight on how I could possibly get $100 for my roos instead of a few bucks or putting them in the stew pot. Okay, fine, I'll go do chicken chores! Geez! Can't have any fun anymore!
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom