is this guy really worth 100 dollars?

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/1307672258.html

personally
, i think he looks like any other rooster but maybe i am wrong.
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i mean...hes ok i guess..maybe i am missing something. for whatever reason there are a lot of ads on craigslist for roosters in which they want at least 60 or more dollars and hes not all that great.

Someone who breeds australorps needs to evaluate. Quality stock of any breed can be expensive. It would have been nice to see a "before" photo as well as one from after the raccoon attack.

IMO, craigslist is not a good place for selling quality stock.

Quote:
how do you show birds at the fair? not that i have any anymore but maybe someday when the plague leaves my yard!

Last edited by a moderator:
We're lucky in that the Tulsa State Fair is a sanctioned APA/ABA show. The judges judge according to the standard. Preparation begins months in advance, but a week or so before the show, I wash the birds I'm going to take, looking for any issues with their health, etc.

For the show, you load up your birds and go. I mean, you have to enter before the end of August and send in the healthwork for your birds before you get there, but other than that, just pack up your supplies and head.

Get there, take out your birds and put them in the cages that are designated for your birds. Get them prepped for the next day. I try to stay as late as possible to make sure no kids poke their fingers into the cages. The next day get there early and get your birds ready again. Don't feed except for a small amount to get the energy up.

Back
Top Bottom