Is this hen a black faverolle?

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
This is the most timid bird...I can't get within 6 feet of her! She's so terrified of me. When I bought her the guy said she was a black Faverolle, but I'm not 100% sure he was right. The other day I snuck up on her, and when she turned her head it looked like she had two combs...a double comb? Is that possible or normal? I wish I could get closer to her to inspect. I can't tell how many toes she has either. She is definitely feather footed. She's also much smaller than my golden comet hen, and the one time I held her she was extremely plump.

What do you think?

372321034_DcDQx-M.jpg

If it matters, she has laid one egg and it was small and bright white.

*ETA*

Found another picture...

359518347_VviXx-M.jpg

See the size difference??

359517729_ZQV4F-M.jpg

(excuse my super ugly coop, that was before I painted it yellow and installed the latches on the doors LOL)

Last edited:
I don't think she is a favorelle, her body shape just doesn't seem right and they generally are pretty friendly calm birds. I have salmon ones but she just doesn't strike me as a favorelle unless she is just a poorly bred one, I have a few from sandhill that are excuse the french butt ugly, but they are friendly.

Definately not a Black Faverolle, her comb is all wrong and from what I see her leg colors are yellow greenish instead of black and I dont see any fifth toes on her.

Looks more like a crossbred EE bantam..........thats my wild guess.

Back
Top Bottom