Is this impossible?!? Racking my brain! (PICS!)

Well, they are cute as bugs. What great photography - like posing for Christmas cards. My chickens run away screaming like I have chicken soup on my mind and an ax in my hands if I even go near them. No way could I pose them for such cute pics!

twice I got 4 eggs from 3 hens. seems they liked to bury their eggs and then when they scratched around they would uncover them and laugh at me when I tried to figure out how 3 layed 4,
lau.gif

twice I got 4 eggs from 3 hens. seems they liked to bury their eggs and then when they scratched around they would uncover them and laugh at me when I tried to figure out how 3 layed 4,
lau.gif

I did think about that but my nest boxes have shallow straw because they kick a bunch out if I out alot in so its just pressed down. :/

idunno.gif
Is it possible they laid late in the afternoon or early evening after your last check for eggs? I have had hens lay after dark and when I go out the next day there are more eggs then I was expecting!

idunno.gif
Is it possible they laid late in the afternoon or early evening after your last check for eggs? I have had hens lay after dark and when I go out the next day there are more eggs then I was expecting!
Maybe that is what had happened a few times. Because since I have posted this thread ( of course they stop) they have stopped laying the sixth egg. Maybe it was a 2 or 3 day fluke.... We may never know....

I'm not sure on chickens, but my duck will lay multiple eggs in a day. I'll be sure to pick up all the eggs in the afternoon, and the next afternoon there will sometimes be up to four new eggs. Pretty bizarre. She seems happy and the eggs are tough, though, so I don't worry on it.

Back
Top Bottom