Is this impossible

All the eggs that are being laid are the size of an extra large chicken egg. Some are smooth and some are more rough to touch. This is the first time I found two eggs. Just over the weekend I found two more. This one you can see one is bigger but the on Satuday they were both basically the same size but I know my duck can not lay two eggs in within a few hours of each other.
Those eggs both look like duck eggs; both color and texture seem alike. And it's not unheard of for birds, especially young ones, to lay two eggs in a day. My late goose once laid two eggs within one hour. If you want to be completely sure about the origin of the larger egg, crack it. Goose egg shells are much thicker than duck egg shells - about twice as thick - and are way harder to crack.

Quote:
It's a lobe, and it's perfectly normal for African geese. She'll probably develop two lobes as she matures.

Thank you. I had no idea what the "lump" was since she was the only one who had it. Makes me feel better knowing what it is and why she has it.

It is a picture of my one female goose.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom