Is This Interior Laying?

Getting a fecal float is always a good idea before you de-worm, but sometimes that's not possible.

If you want to de-worm her, you can use Fenbendazole (Safeguard). Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days.
Thank you. Obviously I can't get a fecal float before Monday, and I don't know if there's anything sufficient to float, actually... She's not passing anything solid at this point. She tried to eat a little this afternoon, but couldn't take in much as her crop is still very tight and full. If she's no better by morning we'll have to euthanize. Thank you to all who've helped me try to help her.

If the crop is still tight and full, then I would treat the crop.
Generally this is a symptom of something else going on, but it's worth trying to get the crop to empty.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Today was the third day I'd been trying to get her crop to empty or at least move, with no results. When I went to pick her up to give her liquids and coconut oil, she screeched in pain. We put her down this morning. Her droppings overnight were just completely liquid, just a whitish-greenish liquid; obviously nothing is getting through and she was essentially starving. Thank you, @Wyorp Rock and @azygous, for tying to help. I very much appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom