Is this Meyer Green Queen a Green King? (Bought as a sexed pullet.)

Tunie B

Songster
Oct 19, 2020
IMG_6399.jpeg
IMG_6404.jpeg
My Meyer Green Queen was hatched on 4-10-2023. She is giving me major roo vibes, from her tail to mannerisms.

Since she’s a hybrid, I know it can be tough, but…

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpeg
    IMG_6403.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 12
She is 8 weeks old—will be 9 weeks in a couple days. She has always been the largest chick of the 4-10 chicks, even though there are different breeds.

She is 8 weeks old—will be 9 weeks in a couple days. She has always been the largest chick of the 4-10 chicks, even though there are different breeds.
The info on this breed doesn't help, with all the variations. You will know when/if it tries to crow, or the comb turns red soon, before the 16th week. Look at the size of those legs! Possible cockerel. The hatchery's last listed hatches have all males, unless I read it wrong. The coloring looks like the one on the hatchery page.

Everything here says this is a pullet.

Typically you can ignore the tail on most breeds at this age. In its own, it won't tell you much. It can be a supplemental attribute if you see other things, but this chicken has a pullet sized pale comb, and consistent feathering throughout.

Super interesting mix though. Looks like a buff Brahma Easter egger. Thats a new one for me.

@fluffycrow what's your call?

Everything here says this is a pullet.

Typically you can ignore the tail on most breeds at this age. In its own, it won't tell you much. It can be a supplemental attribute if you see other things, but this chicken has a pullet sized pale comb, and consistent feathering throughout.

Super interesting mix though. Looks like a buff Brahma Easter egger. Thats a new one for me.

@fluffycrow what's your call?

I agree, this is in fact a pullet

Back
Top Bottom