Is this Niacin Deficiency or something else?

Just some chicks

Chirping
Sep 19, 2019
I'm unsure if the first thread posted here in the duck forum but I’ll give it a go again. I have uploaded the video on his shaky legs. I’ve been giving extra niacin since day one and my 4 ducks have been on waterfowl feed as well. They are currently on 16% protein and they are now 5 weeks old. All the others are doing great and it seems to only be poor Franklin the blue runner who has this problem. He eats and drinks fine but he will get up with the others when I come out, but after a very short time, he will plop right down and stay there unless encouraged to walk. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

What precious ducklings. Weakness in the legs, shaky legs and lameness are usually caused by niacin deficiency and even if they are getting it and it can depend on which niacin also there seems one can't utilize it like the others. So that is where liquid B complex come in. It's like liquid gold for our water fowl. All can be on it but Franklin just needs that extra boost. TSC has the best one in the cattle dept it will say injectable but we use it orally. 1 ml per duckling and if you can give it to Franklin and the others over a tasty treat that is the best way so he gets full dose. Usually a difference can be noticed in less than a week. Liquid b complex can also be ordered on line I bought off Amazon since I don't have a TSC close by.

This is what your looking for.
F46143B0-7B76-41D0-ABDB-B9CEF57B5AEC.jpeg
9B7150A7-F229-42D6-8C92-30AA41F7BB7E.jpeg

What precious ducklings. Weakness in the legs, shaky legs and lameness are usually caused by niacin deficiency and even if they are getting it and it can depend on which niacin also there seems one can't utilize it like the others. So that is where liquid B complex come in. It's like liquid gold for our water fowl. All can be on it but Franklin just needs that extra boost. TSC has the best one in the cattle dept it will say injectable but we use it orally. 1 ml per duckling and if you can give it to Franklin and the others over a tasty treat that is the best way so he gets full dose. Usually a difference can be noticed in less than a week. Liquid b complex can also be ordered on line I bought off Amazon since I don't have a TSC close by.
Thank you so much. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. It means so much!!! Heading to tractor supply!

Well We'll have to ask @casportpony about that. I think I'd stick to orally if you can't get him to take it over a tasty treat. Which some have had trouble with and others not then you can give it by mouth too I'll get you the link on how to give orally. I am actually doing that now with one of my Muscovy ducks.

Well We'll have to ask @casportpony about that. I think I'd stick to orally if you can't get him to take it over a tasty treat. Which some have had trouble with and others not then you can give it by mouth too I'll get you the link on how to give orally. I am actually doing that now with one of my Muscovy ducks.
Oh good! I’d prefer orally over injection any day. I know how, I just have never had to do it on a duck before. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom