Is this normal? Brinsea mini advance question

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I am incubating some bantam eggs in my Brinsea Mini Advance. Just five more days to go!

Despite it being very humid outside, our house is very dry with low humidity.

Since the time I first set the eggs I have had to add water to one side of the water well nightly.

Now with less than a week to go I am having to add water at least twice a day, some days more. The eggs are really sucking up that moisture.

Is this normal? TIA

Quote:
No idea.. but I have a mini eco that will be here friday .. gonna put some muscovy eggs in it.. so hopefully someone has an answer.. cause i know I'll be flooding the humidity for duck eggs!

I do have 2 of the regular octagon 20's.. one is packed with 84 quail eggs right now and the other has duck eggs.. so I will be using the mini for overflow.. lol
my two 20's hold humidity really well.. I rarely have to add water.. so the mini sounds like a challenge!

Good luck with your hatch. My broody Jethro has the other half a dozen eggs. Something tells me she's going to have a better hatch than I will. They say the Brinsea mini is fool-proof, but apparently "they" have never met this particular fool.
tongue.png

I have the mini also and i am 5 days from hatch date and i'm the opposite, i had to take water out of mine cos the humidity went too high.
idunno.gif

It is strange, i have a brinsea octagon 20 on the go aswel and that one i am having to add water every other day to keep the humidity at 40.
Good luck with your hatch anyway.

I have the Brinsea Mini Advance, and we have pretty low humidity here- around 20-30%. I put my eggs in it for lockdown, so I only had it run a few days. I filled up both sides with water (since it was going into lockdown), and in the 4 days I had it running, I did not have to add more water, though I would have today if I wasn't done with the hatch.

How exactly are you guys measuring humidity?
Because the the humidity measurer wont fit inside it!
Help pleSe

I never have bothered putting a hygrometer inside the Brinsea. I've just added water to one side of the well every 3-4 days, and then filled both sides of the well for lockdown.

I've had multiple successful hatches this way.

Back
Top Bottom