Is This Normal?

This was a forced air incubator that came with an auto turner, that the AT went kaput within the first 24 hours.... and this was our 3rd incubator on this batch! Definitely having bad luck with incubators.... grrrrr..... so, we're going to build a bator... but just need to get through this hatch!!!

Setting lower makes a lot of sense.... definitely gonna let the tinys have a couple of days extra.
:eek:that is bad luck . Sorry you went through all that .Lots of good homemade incubators out there . Been through the losing turner motors . Both in my cabinets and my little Styrofoam's . Motors you can get from incubator warehouse . They also have build kits . Or you can also get turner motors off ebay .

:eek:that is bad luck . Sorry you went through all that .Lots of good homemade incubators out there . Been through the losing turner motors . Both in my cabinets and my little Styrofoam's . Motors you can get from incubator warehouse . They also have build kits . Or you can also get turner motors off ebay .

yup... bad juju on turners and incubators... bator #1, turner pooped out within 12 hours. Went to hand turning until the HovaBator could come in from Amazon... it arrived... BROKEN.... sealed it back up and DH stopped by TSC for the one and only bator they has in store.... the AT seemed to work... and then the next morning I noticed I could hear the AT motor... reached in and it was FIRE hot!! Took it out and have been hand turning throughout... So, got to use an AT for maybe a total of one day....

I already have seen about 12 different bator designs we're gonna take pieces from. We've bought the cpu fans and a bottle light kit. Next up will be the container and interior wire.

Your running just a touch high not to bad if your thermometer is accurate . If this temperature is at the top of the eggs . development should be fairly normal. Temperature is so important . It is critical that temperature at egg top level be as close to perfect as you can get it . I'll be watching for hatch results to see how these hatches go . Here's hoping your hatch rate is awesome :fl Good luck
I've hatched 3 batches with it at this temp the turned out fine 7 out of 7 hatched but one died both times and they do hatch a little early so I was guessing they may be a tad too warm I'll leave it for now cause only had 1 quit out of 22 eggs

we need to apply for being NPIP certified, what can you share ? thanks

@KikisGirls you offered, she asked, please respond!

BTW:

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here FluffsnMuffs!

You might wanna take a minute to post in the Introductions section to, well, introduce yourself and receive a proper BYC welcome!

Thanks for tagging me.....I'm here for ya Smuvers. I'll sit back and patiently wait........:caf

:hugs I KNEW you'd be SuziBaby!

Back
Top Bottom