Is this normal

MsFrizzle1

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2020
Is This normal
He was stuck so I opened him carefully
As shown on a video he came out on his own but still attached šŸ˜°
Please tell me this is the yolk and can still be ok ??

Attachments

• 52CC7CE9-79B9-4277-B3B1-C9FA9C8F4036.jpeg
    52CC7CE9-79B9-4277-B3B1-C9FA9C8F4036.jpeg
    476.7 KB · Views: 8
Not normal - he wasn't ready to come out. Here's the section from my article on Assisted Hatching that addresses this.

You need to get the chick back into the lower half of its shell. Tuck it gently back in there. This will protect the yolk and keep it from getting ruptured. Next, you need to keep the chick in the shell and from being able to push itself out. We accomplish this by placing the chick, shell and all, into a small cup, which will hold the shell and the chick upright, thus preventing it from getting out of the egg. I find that a disposable plastic cup works well for this. You may have to prop the egg upright by using a dry paper towel to hold it in the proper position.

Chick in a cup.jpg

If there is a lot of yolk, it may take some time for the chick to finish absorbing it. Just let it be. When it's done, it'll be really moving around and struggling to get out of the bottom of the shell.

Not normal - he wasn't ready to come out. Here's the section from my article on Assisted Hatching that addresses this.

You need to get the chick back into the lower half of its shell. Tuck it gently back in there. This will protect the yolk and keep it from getting ruptured. Next, you need to keep the chick in the shell and from being able to push itself out. We accomplish this by placing the chick, shell and all, into a small cup, which will hold the shell and the chick upright, thus preventing it from getting out of the egg. I find that a disposable plastic cup works well for this. You may have to prop the egg upright by using a dry paper towel to hold it in the proper position.

Chick in a cup.jpg

If there is a lot of yolk, it may take some time for the chick to finish absorbing it. Just let it be. When it's done, it'll be really moving around and struggling to get out of the bottom of the shell.
Put him in this and put back in incubator?

Back
Top Bottom