Is this normal?

animal-lover99

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
Connecticut
I'm a complete newbie first time owning chickens had them for about 3 1/2 weeks and I noticed my little Silver Laced Wyandotte has a odd shaped 'bald spot' none of the others have it(only got one Wyandotte) I'm just wondering is this normal and is the breed supposed to have it at this age

That's what a rose comb looks like on a chick. Completely normal and the male and female combs look identical at this stage.

No need to feel foolish -- asking questions is how we all learn. If the comb were being pecked, you'd see blood or scabbing. It would be obvious. Chicks usually go for the toes or specks of color if they are going to peck at another chick. Most pecking is harmless but you should intervene if blood is drawn.

I have some Wyandotte chicks, along with others. This is what all my Wyandottes look like. It is different on all the others. I have 12 Wyandottes and they all look like yours, so nothing to worry about.

I have some Wyandotte chicks, along with others. This is what all my Wyandottes look like. It is different on all the others. I have 12 Wyandottes and they all look like yours, so nothing to worry about.
Just wondering if yours are like this too: my Wyandotte hates people, she peaks me every chance she gets(I've done nothing but love her) she will eat out of my hand but once she's done eating she will peck my arm and get as far away from me as possible

Just wondering if yours are like this too: my Wyandotte hates people, she peaks me every chance she gets(I've done nothing but love her) she will eat out of my hand but once she's done eating she will peck my arm and get as far away from me as possible
They are all a bit offish, but most of them settle down after a few seconds of holding them. I do have one that throws a fit every time I pick her. They will all eat out my hands, and love to peck at freckles, but they don't peck in a mean way. 8 of them are a little over 3 weeks I think, and the other 4 are a little over 2 weeks old. The bigger ones are the most curious of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom