Is this Olive Egger is anything other than a Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheSheriffswife, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TheSheriffswife

TheSheriffswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Hi guys!
    I hatched 5 Olive eggs 3/26 making these guys like 14 weeks old..so being the lucky gal I am all 5.. I am positive are all boys..(Well all 4 are def. boys) But can you guys just take a look at this last one and does anything look like it would be anything other than a boy?..I think it's a boy..Just want to make sure..I am like 90% sure

The only difference between him and his sibs..is this ones comb is really smaller..like one line (pea comb) and lighter and all the others have large saddle feathers by now I don't see any on this one ( I parted the feathers and everything..there are no shiny pointy ones? ..also the others have crowed and he hasn't ....So, Any input would be appreciated..
    Thanks! Oh he is 1/2 Maran 1/2 Ameracauna

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jill on the hill

Jill on the hill Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2011
    Well we must be lucky or something,cause I ended up with three outa four of my olive eggers being roos.Still not too sure about the fourth no crowing yet.I will say that all mine have bigger and redder combs at 12 weeks so hang in there!

3. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Looks like a pullet to me. [​IMG]

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    it's a cockerel

5. TheSheriffswife

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    Quote:LOL [​IMG] Yah we are lucky..My grand total out of 17 hatched eggs...12 Roos (and maybe this one 13) and 4 pullets hows that for odds? Haaa:lol: So This would be good news I wasn't expecting..I just assumed it was another boy..

6. TheSheriffswife

Jan 13, 2011
    Baldwinsville NY
    pips&peeps :

it's a cockerel

Hi..Would he have Saddle feathers by now like the others or are some just late bloomers? I am not seeing them..and the others have these really deep 3 line red pea combs..this one is like one line and more pinkish?
    Do I have a girlish roo? LOL [​IMG] I mean it's ok I have 12 others I love em all! haaa​

7. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Quote:Hi..Would he have Saddle feathers by now like the others or are some just late bloomers? I am not seeing them..and the others have these really deep 3 line red pea combs..this one is like one line and more pinkish?
    Do I have a girlish roo? LOL [​IMG] I mean it's ok I have 12 others I love em all! haaa

looks like a pullet to me, no saddle feathers.

8. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Im thinking Roo!

9. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Definately a roo. The tail set is very roo, including those long upright curving feathers, and his comb is too large and red for a pullet of 14 weeks.

Lanae

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    It's a cockeral and I can see the saddle feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by