Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother_Hen2011

Songster
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
New Mexico
102233_first_eggs_025.jpg

The green one is her first egg and the blue one is her second egg?
I know for sure she laid the speckled one as i seen her lay it. My other 2 hens one lays pink and the other lays an light olive green..
I didnt think they could lay 2 different color eggs...I could be wrong?
LOL
102233_eggs21.jpg

These are from one hen. Glory.

102233_eggs12.jpg

these are from the other hen Porscha.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Oh the joy of chicken obsession
tongue.png
Lol I love all the mixed colors and the hen that laid those two eggs her name is Skittlez. I guess her name suits her thats for sure lol

I suppose if the same hen laid them both then you have your answer. My hens lay varying shades of the same color but not different colors.

Quote:
Im not sure.. who laid it to be honest lol.... That is really blue to be her second egg. She laid the dark olive green speckled one for sure because I seen her lay that one.. I only have 3 hens and there were three eggs this morning.. So it must be hers.. I just find it hard to believe after laying that speckled one lol
Mine 2 that have been laying for about 4 weeks now lay the same color every time. Lol
So it must be hers. Lol
One lays pink the other lays light olive green as you can see in the pics so it has to be hers rofl

I have had my girls lay eggs that slightly differ in color. My australorp lays a light to medium large brown egg which occasionally has speckles. My EE lays a pale green with only slight variations. My silkie/EE mix always lays a small cream/beige egg with almost no variation.

I've never seen such a drastic change as your though. Are you sure both eggs came from the same hen?

Quote:
They would have had to come from the same chicken. Lol
I only have three as i said before. lol ONe lays light to darker pink, the other lays light to darker olive green. Lol Those two have been laying for a good 4 weeks.
tongue.png
so I have gotten down the color of their eggs.
and the other one in question has just started laying. So it must be hers. Since I found a Lighter olive green the blue and a darker pink egg today in the nest box. All at the same time. In the same nest box. So? haha I dont know!
I have 2 Buff/orpington ducks as well whom have not laid any eggs yet. I dont think their eggs are colored though? I think they should lay white eggs. lol So...

Quote:
They would have had to come from the same chicken. Lol
I only have three as i said before. lol ONe lays light to darker pink, the other lays light to darker olive green. Lol Those two have been laying for a good 4 weeks.
tongue.png
so I have gotten down the color of their eggs.
and the other one in question has just started laying. So it must be hers. Since I found a Lighter olive green the blue and a darker pink egg today in the nest box. All at the same time. In the same nest box. So? haha I dont know!
I have 2 Buff/orpington ducks as well whom have not laid any eggs yet. I dont think their eggs are colored though? I think they should lay white eggs. lol So...

I guess I was typing slowly. You answered my question before I posted it.
lol.png
Another possibility could be that your olive egger laid twice that day. I have had that happen once with my australorp pullet. I guess the only way to know for sure is to catch the culprit in the act. Either way, you get pretty eggs.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom