Is this pullet or Cockerel Wheaten coloring?

Oct 13, 2019
Longmont, CO
Little Wheaten Ameraucana chick. 2 weeks old tomorrow.
6EED31C4-1643-4AEA-A0BC-110559DD6FEB.jpeg

I didn't realize that Ameraucanas were autosexing so I can't be of help here but that baby is gorgeous! 😍

Thank you!!! I need to hop back on the Hatch-A-Long thread. I got the stomach flu and got totally derailed and need to catch up. And yes only the Wheaten color. You can’t really tell at hatch, but once the wing feathers start coming in, it’s a giveaway. This one is totally a Cockerel, I’m just slightly in denial. He was first to hatch, has already mastered giving me dirty looks, and is huge...all signs point to obvious Cockerel.

Thank you!!! I need to hop back on the Hatch-A-Long thread. I got the stomach flu and got totally derailed and need to catch up. And yes only the Wheaten color. You can’t really tell at hatch, but once the wing feathers start coming in, it’s a giveaway. This one is totally a Cockerel, I’m just slightly in denial. He was first to hatch, has already mastered giving me dirty looks, and is huge...all signs point to obvious Cockerel.

Oh no! I'm sorry you got sick! I was wondering why you went quiet. I hope you're feeling better now!

Even without knowing the details of their wing sexing, you sure make it sound like a cockerel. lol

Oh no! I'm sorry you got sick! I was wondering why you went quiet. I hope you're feeling better now!

Even without knowing the details of their wing sexing, you sure make it sound like a cockerel. lol

It’s ok! It’s that time of year and I have a 2 year old so I feel like getting sick is unavoidable. Definitely on the mend slowly but surely.

And yep I think I’ll just accept he’s a Cockerel. 😂

Back
Top Bottom