Is this rabbit knocked up/ Whos my daddy?(solved #77 pg8)

Quote:
LOL, first I thought, "really?" And then I got a picture in my head and starting laughing.

I haven't had rabbits since I was a kid, and seriously don't remember this.
lol.png

Quote:
Not 'zactly. Sperm and eggs don't live very long once released. The development is halted at the embryo stage. The actual step that is delayed is implantation, not fertilization. I think the longest case of delayed implantation that has been verified was something like 6 months? Makes you wonder if you can ever let your guard down, especially with them breeding through the wire, an' all!

I stand corrected. Thanks
big_smile.png

So Im really gonna blow your minds right now . . .

I was gone from tuesday evening till wedsnday night, right . . .

Came home last night to find 5 babies in her nestbox.

Now heres where it gets weird . . .

The babies are all completely black.

I dont even have a black male.
The males I have are either white/californian and there is a fawn male.

idunno.gif

Last edited:
Well, your female could be black, or depending on what males you have, one of them could have black as their base color. Or the babies may not be black but may fur out to a different color.

This is just a guess, but if you have fawn males and the babies look black, it may be possible they they will actually turn out to be a blue or greyish color. I don't believe that is entirely impossible.

Last edited:
Quote:
The female is white and pictured in the first post.
I have a few males they are flemish: REW, steel; 2 californian; 1 fawn that I have other siblings and his mom and none have any black.
This particular female came with a much younger male but he is grey like thumper.

The only thing I can think of is the steel flemish buck, but he is very young and the female has NEVER been within 20ft of him, I dont let my flemish rabbits mingle with the others at all, as the flemish are all pedigreed.

And these babies are pure black, with black skin.

Quote:
The female is white and pictured in the first post.
I have a few males they are flemish: REW, steel; 2 californian; 1 fawn that I have other siblings and his mom and none have any black.
This particular female came with a much younger male but he is grey like thumper.

The only thing I can think of is the steel flemish buck, but he is very young and the female has NEVER been within 20ft of him, I dont let my flemish rabbits mingle with the others at all, as the flemish are all pedigreed.

And these babies are pure black, with black skin.

The albino gene is like a blanket covering a piece of furniture. A white blanket over a couch makes it look white, but under that white it can still be red. An albino rabbit can be ANY color, but the addition of the albino gene makes them look white.

If I remember right steel is black based, and so are the Cals.

Well, I have no explanation so you may be right.

But Im thinking that since I have no self black rabbits, shouldnt there be some kinda other colors in the litter?
Ive never really heard of 2 different kinds and colors of rabbits having a litter all the same color which happens to not be shown by the parents at all.
Maybe 1 or even 2 babies, but 5???

I dont know, this seems really strange to me but maybe its normal . . .

Back
Top Bottom