Is this really a Ayam Cerami???

cward

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
Wilson
We went to an auction yesturday and i saw this hen soon as we got there. Only myself an 1 other bid on her and i won her for $11. Is she really an Ayam Cerami. Everything on her is blk including inside of mouth.

Are there feathers on its legs? It sort of looks like it in the pic, but its hard to tell. Honestly, to me it looks like a Silkie mix that ended up with dark skin. Anything's possible though! Can you post some better pics?

If a Ayam chick looks perfect when you pick it out black tongue and black feet is there chance that it's tongue will then turn white. Mine did is this common? She is the only female I got out of the group got 5 roos 1 hen now with a white tongue the rest are perfect so what do I do now. I hate to cull her when she is allI I have should I keep her and pray for some good stock from her.

I doubt it. Even at auction no one would sell a pure Ayam Cemani for $ 11. Wait to Pyxis gets around to your post. Then you'll know for sure.

I see feathered legs. You have a mixed breed. Shape is wrong too, that bird has a DP-ish body shape while Cemani should be gamy in type. Just be glad you only paid $11 and it's a pullet. I've seen people get swindled and spend hundreds of dollars on birds who were advertised as Cemani.

Back
Top Bottom