Is this really a pullet???

dandrews1971

Songster
6 Years
Jun 5, 2013
Claremore, Oklahoma USA
I got a batch of chick awhile back who were supposed to be sex links. Now they LOOK like sex links. But theres one who looks much redder in the comb & wattles than all the rest. Theyre bigger & more developed & out of the 7 BSL's I have, this one looks different. Im just wondering now if theyre really sex links?

This is Nyx.

Also Nyx

By comparision, this is her sister Ebony, all 5 of the others I have look almost identical to Ebony.
They are all about 11 weeks old now.

Notice how pale her comb is & small the wattles are?
Is Nyx just developing faster? (HOPE!!!)

Looks like a Black Sex Link pullet. Some birds just mature faster than others. I could be wrong, though, especially only going off of a head shot. A full body shot, and the age of the bird, is needed.

Last edited:
There's almost always one girl who takes the lead in maturity. Happens every day with chickens and if I remember correctly, it happened back in Jr. High too. LOL

lau.gif

To the OP - yes, they look like Black Sex Link pullets. (males would be barred)

Oh I know males are barred. My worry was they were not actual sex links, maybe just black mixes....I guess shell just develop faster. Shes also kind of the bit**y one of the group . So maybe shes going thru chicken puberty! lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom