Is this rescue egg fertile? Please help..

Dehma

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013

I got a rescue egg from a neighbor whom said her kids found an egg at school and brought it home (they did get in trouble) and she gave it to me. I run a reptile rescue, so this is very new to me. I have it in an incubator.. is it alive..? I've literally bought the thing (a goose) diapers so it could stay in my house with me.. until I could find it a suitable home on a farm.

The yolk inside moves around if I rotate the egg. It does have an air pocket. I've researched how to hatch it but I was told it could rupture and smell horrid and since it's right beside my bed (so i can turn it when my alarm goes off when I am sleeping) that would be really bad..

Last edited:

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to BYC. How long has the egg been incubated? I don't see veining, but it looks as if 'something' is going on in there.

Dehma

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
The Mother told me that when she spoke to the teachers they said the egg was only about one day old, so it's about 3-4 days old? I've had it in the incubator for about 3 days?

Dehma

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
I'll let you know what happens. Thank you for giving me some hope! I already love the little booger.

Top Bottom