is this roo a ameraucana or ee?

Your bird's comb looks off - the standard for an Ameraucana calls for a pea comb, and the photos of your bird appear not to show that.
I can't see the comb well enough to see whether it's actually a pea comb or not. It is definitely not a single comb. Maybe you can post a closeup of the comb.

I got him off my local farm swap page. The lady was moving and selling all kinds of chickens and ducks. No one was hitting on them and she needed to get rid of them so drop prices. I only paid $2 for him and have about $8 in him for gas to pick him up...so $10 ...i thought it was a steal! !

I cropped this photo don't know if u will be able to tell. I will still take a closeup tomorrow of the comb. ..

Your bird looks like a handsome Easter Egger to me. The comb isn't correct for an Ameraucana, at least not a good quality one.

The comb shows up pretty well in this closeup crop and it definitely isn't a pure pea comb. Your bird is at the very best a hatchery quality Ameraucana, which any pure Ameraucana breeder would classify as an EE anyway.

Thank you for the information. Definitely been learning somethings :)

Back
Top Bottom