IS this rooster OK???

tanyakoger

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 14, 2012
I have this ROOSTER that i picked up today and he looks alittle off ??? I guess u could say I don't know what I'm doing ..... I picked 6 or 7 up from a guy who had them llisted on Craigs List b/c he was going to kill them if nobody took them so i was taking a chance HOWEVER I know nothing about this breed but have always wanted some!!!! What breed is he? The guy said he though polish/silkie but i cant find any that look like this one .....Could someone tell me if this roo is OK???

I have this ROOSTER that i picked up today and he looks alittle off ??? I guess u could say I don't know what I'm doing ..... I picked 6 or 7 up from a guy who had them llisted on Craigs List b/c he was going to kill them if nobody took them so i was taking a chance HOWEVER I know nothing about this breed but have always wanted some!!!! What breed is he? The guy said he though polish/silkie but i cant find any that look like this one .....Could someone tell me if this roo is OK???
he a silkie a patrdge and pet quailty

so does this mean i have myself a good roo??? They seem very sweet my hens are on one side of the yard starring them down and the neighbors rooster already attempted messing with them ... here are the other ones i got in the bunch as well and he is the boss!!!!

Please make sure that you quarantine them for at least a month.

The last one is a polish...looks silver laced.

How many hens do you have? That's alot of rooster to provide hens for :)

The partridge roo you are asking about is also non-bearded. You may be used to seeing the bearded variety. Bearded silkies do not get wattles like that.

As for his health, only time will tell. His comb and wattles should be a mulberry color, not red like other roos.

Last edited:
My hatchery silver laced polish looked an awful lot like the OPs...but, I can see how you could say Houdan. The person selling them said that they were silkies and polish...I was also going by that. Thanks for the pictures..they really help.

My hatchery silver laced polish looked an awful lot like the OPs...but, I can see how you could say Houdan. The person selling them said that they were silkies and polish...I was also going by that. Thanks for the pictures..they really help.
i dought person knew what they where talking about more then likely he is houdan

my "mottled houdan" hen has extra toes,my "mottled houdan" rooster does not. Does this mean she is a mottled houdan and he is a polish?

Back
Top Bottom