Is this silkie a roo?

luvchicks8

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
new Hampshire
8 week old silkie that I hatched I can not tell if its a boy or girl, also what color would you call him/her? It was crossed between a partridge roo and a white hen? Thanks I know it's early to know for sure but would love some guesses. Thanks

35748_chickensducks_049.jpg

35748_chickensducks_046.jpg

35748_chickensducks_045.jpg

this picture is a week earlier
35748_chickensducks_039.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Roo to be he got the elvis doo going on too mine did but it was because she was getting feathers on her head still. Oh and because of see how he stands tall mine stands like a short little toad and waddles like a fat duck

Last edited:
I just posted asking about my 8 or 9 wk old silkie. Take a look. I think whatever genders we have are opposite...and the general consensus on mine was a "she".
wink.png

edited to add that mine waddles like a fat little duck too
lol.png

Last edited:
Looks black or blue. At 8 weeks its still pretty early to tell. Silkies are pretty hard anyway since you usually dont know till they crow or lay an egg.

If I had to take a guess Id say pullet. Why? Because I don't see a wide comb developing. Honestly crest development is not enough for me to go on alone unless there is a clear sign of streamers.

It's hard to say I have 3 that are 8 weeks old and thier head feathers are sloping back like elvis wich is supposed to be boy, but they are slowly growing the front in and I'm rooting them on. Yours is more fluffy all over than mine are. I'm trying to wait until they get 3 months before I post for sexing questions, but i doubt I'll last that long.

Back
Top Bottom