is this Silkie breeding quality

I was thinking the same, but sometimes pictures can mess up the way we see the color.
He does look blue to me too
Of course I am not questioning anyone here, I promise. I thought the same thing. Either way, I think he's so handsome
I know he looks much different then my naked neck blues which are sometimes hard to tell the difference from black. his owner said splash and I didn't question it but that doesn't mean it's right. Is the dark almost black blue color in Silkies preferable to the lighter shade like this guy is.

I know he looks much different then my naked neck blues which are sometimes hard to tell the difference from black. his owner said splash and I didn't question it but that doesn't mean it's right. Is the dark almost black blue color in Silkies preferable to the lighter shade like this guy is.
I'm not sure which shade of Blue is preferred. I'm sorry. I wish I could answer that for you but I really don't know. Both of my Blue silkies are darker but I don't show them. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will be here soon to answer this.

I finally got some other photos of this guy. I got in touch with his previous owner who told me he is the result of a splash to splash breeding. I don't know if that is accurate or not. I'm not arguing that he is blue or splash but it has really peaked my curiosity. I will attach a few more pictures and let me know if you still think blue or if he is just an oddball marked splash. Like I said, now my curiosity has me wanting to hear your thoughts once again with a few new photos. I don't care what color he is.
DSC_1619.JPG
DSC_1643.JPG
DSC_1649.JPG
DSC_1653.JPG

I will also post a photo of one of his splash babies which I understand doesn't prove or disprove either color as the hens were both blue and splash. He seems to have a lot of dark color for a splash.
DSC_1658.png
DSC_1688.JPG

I had ordered 10 silkie eggs off of eBay, and eighth of them hatched. These will be the first silkies I’ve ever owned. I’m curious to learn more about what the more popular characteristics are among silkies. I also had a goose egg that hatched out the same day lol

Attachments

• 61E5CB5E-6DF3-447D-9A17-2BF5ED7301C6.jpeg
    61E5CB5E-6DF3-447D-9A17-2BF5ED7301C6.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 5
I finally got some other photos of this guy. I got in touch with his previous owner who told me he is the result of a splash to splash breeding. I don't know if that is accurate or not. I'm not arguing that he is blue or splash but it has really peaked my curiosity. I will attach a few more pictures and let me know if you still think blue or if he is just an oddball marked splash. Like I said, now my curiosity has me wanting to hear your thoughts once again with a few new photos. I don't care what color he is.
View attachment 2459395View attachment 2459396View attachment 2459397View attachment 2459398
I will also post a photo of one of his splash babies which I understand doesn't prove or disprove either color as the hens were both blue and splash. He seems to have a lot of dark color for a splash.
View attachment 2459403View attachment 2459404
He looks more like splash in these pictures. The white appeared to be more blue in the other pictures from days ago. I wouldn't take my word on this though. I'm sure others will be along to share their thoughts soon. He is so handsome!

I had ordered 10 silkie eggs off of eBay, and eighth of them hatched. These will be the first silkies I’ve ever owned. I’m curious to learn more about what the more popular characteristics are among silkies. I also had a goose egg that hatched out the same day lol
Such a cute picture! I love it! Do you have other Geese for this little gosling to bond and communicate with?

Also, that's a great hatch rate!

Silkies are very docile and if they are picked on they sometimes won't fight back. Sometimes you'll get one that wants to be top hen but they are very calm. Sometimes dumb.

View attachment 2459395View attachment 2459396View attachment 2459397View attachment 2459398
He is a splash and a very fine fellow. I would use him for breeding, but I am just getting into breeding silkies myself and by no means an expert. He has a nice body shape and gorgeous crest. 🥰

Looks like a splash to me.

Back
Top Bottom