is this Silkie breeding quality

crittercaretech

out of the house and into the grow out coop
Mar 1, 2020
Hello,
I have raised naked necks for several years and have always had a few Silkies around as pets. I recently added some Silkies from a friend who could no longer keep his birds. They were his babies and part of his breeding program I have read the SOP but when you only have a few birds and limited knowledge of the breed it is hard to evaluate each one correctly. I would love opinions on this Splash Roo. Is he breeding quality if SOP, not pet quality was the breeding goal.

DSC_1480.JPG
DSC_1494.JPG

I also don't know if he is a splash. I think he may be a blue.
I was thinking the same, but sometimes pictures can mess up the way we see the color.
He does look blue to me too
Of course I am not questioning anyone here, I promise. I thought the same thing. Either way, I think he's so handsome

I had ordered 10 silkie eggs off of eBay, and eighth of them hatched. These will be the first silkies I’ve ever owned. I’m curious to learn more about what the more popular characteristics are among silkies. I also had a goose egg that hatched out the same day lol

Attachments

• 61E5CB5E-6DF3-447D-9A17-2BF5ED7301C6.jpeg
    61E5CB5E-6DF3-447D-9A17-2BF5ED7301C6.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 5
I do not have that genetic information handy but I do know the gentleman who had them does and it would be very good info to get documented as well as on the hens I got from him. thank you for bringing that to my attention. he does have black skin. i guess his body shape was what i was asking about but didn't realize that till now.
Yes, it is very complicated business.

Back
Top Bottom