Is this the start of a blood ring?

jessa_

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2020
I’m on day 11-12 of incubating eggs. It’s my first time so I’m trying my hardest to make sure I’m doing everything correctly. I have one egg I’m concerned about. It has been very active whenever I candled it but this morning I took a peak and noticed something that kinda looks like the start of a blood ring. I’m not sure if it is or not so I figured I’d post it here. It’s only on one side. The chick isnt near as active as it was a few days ago but it is moving around. What do y’all think? I can see the blood vessels although my camera didn’t pick them up
F5F48CE4-BDA7-46F1-8498-BFB2D9835EDD.jpeg
5B238AE0-DC9B-4065-A763-F25E66405F6B.jpeg
039A9A85-FD33-4B39-A69D-A150BBD833E1.jpeg
0F6CB4F2-0BA9-45E1-B412-96977E7D02F5.jpeg

Last edited:
I am no expert, but it does look like one. Wait until some experts come on and see what they say. But I would just leave the egg alone and treat it as if nothings wrong with it for now

I am no expert, but it does look like one. Wait until some experts come on and see what they say. But I would just leave the egg alone and treat it as if nothings wrong with it for now
I put it back in the incubator and made sure the temp and humidity was okay. Hopefully he/she will be alright. I sure hope so. I’m so bummed out ☹️

Do you have any other eggs? What breed are they?
Yes I have 24 eggs. I’m not sure of the breed. They were given to me by my husbands friend’s grandmother. Hubby’s friend wasn’t sure what kind they were. I have three blue eggs and a couple of brown speckled ones, as well as some light beige colors.

Back
Top Bottom