Is this what they mean by a "favorite nest box"? :)

These pictures makes me laugh...for 4 chickens we installed two identical nest boxes. Is this what they mean by "favorite nest box"? They need to get their schedules figured out! :)

That's a great pic! I have the same problem with my tiny flock of four. I even bought them an antique nesting box from Petaluma, CA, which claims to be the chicken center of the known universe. Uh, uh, they still want to pile up four high in their original box. Haha, this is too funny!

These pictures makes me laugh...for 4 chickens we installed two identical nest boxes. Is this what they mean by "favorite nest box"? They need to get their schedules figured out! :)

These girls are really bird brains huh?
lau.gif

Great photo! I had a Buff Orp called "Ole' Bitty" who would wait everyday for my other Buff Orp "Phoebe" to go inside a nest box and then she'd kick her out or try to lay her egg in with her. Chickens are characters!

Ive just come from my hen house and got the exact same thing, three/four hens in the same end of the egg box. Im a bit on edge as they have recently taken up the awful habit of egg eating. I'm now watching them on CCTV ready for the eggs to be laid so hopefully I can nip this bad habit in the bud.

I have three nest boxes for my 8 hens and I came out one day and three were in one and a fourth was standing over them trying to get in and screeching cause she couldn't!

to devora >>>>>>>>>>thats a pretty bird - what type is she ?

Last edited:
I used to have 2 boxes for each of my small coops but I switched to community nest boxes instead and the girls are all happy now.

My White Leghorn Snow White gets very impatient when someone else is in her box!

Here she is climbing in to lay with the rooster Foghorn already sitting in there, Foghorn had been giving the younger ladies a laying lesson. She dropped her egg before he got out of there.

Back
Top Bottom