Is this wrong or am I over-reacting?

Quote:
It's wrong. I would be guilting my mother and my son. Make sure you take lots of happy pictures of your gathering.
I certainly would invite you and that flamingo person to Thanksgiving !

I would be hurt. My brother had a graduation party for his live-in girlfriends son and invited our parents and our brother and his family. I didn't know anything about it. Of course we heard all about it. Hard not to have hurt feelings, but it wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last. Makes me thankful for my little family with my husband and daughter. Shrug it off and enjoy the day with your family. Happy Thanksgiving!

We had cheeseburgers and baked beans. I also found out that Ken's ex who gets mad when I call his kids my kids didn't invite Kenny!!!! She invited Kenny's sister, and of course the woman's own two children, but left him out.

Debi, have you been skipping your weekly bath again?
tongue.png

What's the saying...you can choose your friends but not your family....it,s hard to not get hurt feelings when that happens, but life goes on....Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm evil - if was your son (well, daughter if it was me, obviously!) I'd check you were ok with it then go and oh-so-innocently enquire "did mom not want to come?" "It's not like mom to not want to be here if the whole family is going to be here, I'd better pop over tomorrow to make sure she's ok" "hope mom's rejecting the invitation didn't hurt you"

(I'm used to not getting invited to family functions, but it still hurts a bit each time)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom